February 2, 2010

Phase One: Education

There's a lot about RV's that I do not know the first thing about. I'll admit. there will be a little bit [by that, I mean a lot a bit] of a learning curve needed before we do any big trips. I will need to understand more about the big important things like water, electricity, and gas before I can understand what what is in good condition and what needs to be replaced. Fortunately, I live in the Information Age where there are plenty of resources to consult, people to talk to, forums to discuss issues, and the Internet to give me ideas. Of course, being as old school and budget-oriented as I am, I am going to go the analog route first:

The previous owners were smart enough to keep all the original RV owner's manuals for my rig, as well as the manuals for the appliances, shower/toilet, water tank, and LP gas.

Here's a listing of books I just bought from rvbookstore.com

ABC of RVing
The RV Handbook
The Three Primary Systems of an RV: LP Gas, Water, and Electricity

They should arrive within the next two weeks. Meanwhile, between the ODU Library, the Public Library, and Netflix, they have all of RV Mechanic Mark Polk's RV Education 101 DVDs.

There could be some good information on the Internet about it. Someday, I hope that this blog becomes one.

In a couple weeks, I will see about talking to some of my RVer friends about showing us what things do in our RV. I hope to learn a few tips and tricks.

I want to thank the guys and gals on the RV.net forum for welcoming me into their community so open-mindedly. And for the lady that pointed out that I should give the Women's Guide to Solo RVing a onceover, just in case I want to take a ride on my own.

The seats in my MH don't slide forward, so I'm sure my little feet will be dangling. I'll have to wear my boots for that.

[ The RVBookStore specializes in everything you need to know about RVs from proper care and maintenance to on the road entrepreneurship. The Internet store boasts the world's largest collection of information about RVs and the RV lifestyle. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment