February 25, 2010

Double Trouble

Every time I do some kind of work in the RV--whether, it's cleaning, painting, remodeling, or replacing doorhandles-- I get extremely motivated to do related work inside our static home. I mean I'm already wet, might as well go swimming . Putting new cushions in the RV reminded me that the bedroom in the house is in desperate need of remodeling.

As much as I love furniture shopping, I completely despise the hassle of driving from store-to-store and dealing with pushy sales clerks. My rule is that I will stop and look at furniture at a maximum of three furniture stores--discount only--and drive a total of 90- miles per trip in one 24-hour period. Lucky for us, it only took stops at two different stores about 12 miles apart to find this lovely bedroom set:


Picture courtesy of HamiltonSpill

We did get quite the deal -- headboard, footboard, rails, dresser, and mirror for less than $700! Unfortunately, there was a little bit of a problem with our furniture. The entire mix up can be summarized in the following complaint letter that I wrote to the Furniture Store:

Dear Customer Service for XXXXxXXX (Furniture Store),

I am writing in reference to a problem with my order. My family and I rented a truck and trailer so that we can pick up a black Hamilton Spill bedroom set that we purchased on February 13, 2010. We arrived at the #203 Store on Friday, February 19, 2010 and picked up the bedroom set. We hauled it to our home, dropped it off, and returned our rental truck. When we returned home to begin assembling the furniture, we found that the headboard, footboard, and the mirror were in brown (the boxes tell us that the furniture color is black), while the dresser and rails were in the appropriate color, black. The colors of my furniture are mismatched and I would like to do an even exchange for furniture in the proper color (black) that I ordered.

I placed several phone calls to the #203 store on Saturday, to which their business office took down messages for stating that their Operations Manager would get back to me in 2-3 hours. I waited six hours before I finally drove back to the store to complain. The Operations Manager, Carmen, said that she and the inventory department received my messages, but that they have not yet done anything to investigate it. Carmen asked that we give her two to three more days to get back in touch with me to let me know the status of their solution. This is unacceptable business service. I am experiencing a problem where the fault is with the inventory/business office of the #203 Store. This is a major inconvenience to me and my family because we have already taken apart and cleared our old bedroom furniture to make room for the new furniture purchased for your store. For a business that relies on building a loyal customer base, word-of-mouth advertising, and testimonials of actual customers that have received proper business, this major inconvenience should not be taken lightly.

Today is Wednesday, February 24, 2010. It has been four days--three of them business days--and nobody from the Store has tried to reach me at all. I called the store and they did no answer. I called the Customer Service line listed on my receipt (866-XXX-XXXX) and they told me that they do not service this particular store.

I would like this problem rectified immediately. Please deliver my Black Hamilton Spill headboard, footboard, and mirror to my home (my address is listed on file) in exchange for the brown ones that have been sitting in my home for the past five days. We will initiate and even exchange in which there will be no charge to me for the delivery.

Sincerely,

Laurynomaly

This morning, I woke up (at 8:00AM) to a telephone call from the above furniture store. He apologized profusely stating that executive action has been taken upon responsible individuals and that they will be delivering my bedroom furniture free of charge. At 11:30AM, the delivery company arrived at my door and the boyfriend and I set up the bed by 12:30. Once we get everything else together, there will be plenty of pictures.

This weekend's project: assembling the dresser and mounting the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment