March 5, 2011

So Many Trucks With Trailers

One summer day back, when my son was about two-years-old, we took a trip to Busch Gardens. Along the way, we got stuck in tunnel traffic and decided to play "Guess What's In That Car?" Game to keep boredom minimal and to listen to my child's WILD imagination! We saw a big truck pulling a trailer, which is something my two-year-old had become familiar with because he had seen Johnny's trailer that Johnny uses as a workshop. I decided to ask him, "What do you think is in that trailer?" He sat quietly, thinking about it for a moment. I figured that he would answer with what was familiar to him--something he had paid attention to in Johnny's trailer. When I received no response, I thought I could help by prompting his ideas.

"Do you think there are tools in there?", I said.

"No," he replied.

"How about motorcycles?"

"No."

"Are there horses in there?"

"No, I think there's junk in there," he replied with absolute confidence that his guess was right.

This made me chuckle, as he surmised what in the only trailer he had ever seen the inside of!

Now, everytime I see a trailer, I think of my intuitive son's little remark.

But I speculate that all the trailers I see on this road have motorcycles in them and that they are being trailered down to Daytona Beach Bike Week. The big event where riders and vendors from all over the East Coast get together to share their love of all things two wheels, promote business, and watch motorsports events (Supercross [Dirt], AMA Sportbike/Superbike [Street]), kicked off yesterday. This is the first time I have ever been remotely close to Daytona Beach Bike week as it happens.

This means traffic getting into the Daytona International Speedway will be horrendous!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment